Many do not plan  life after Retirement. Needless to say a Planned retirement enables one to lead a Happy life.

https://arthos.arthayantra.com/Retirement_happy_retirement.html?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=timesofindia-timesofindia

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I am reminded of a film Baghban which shows the same predicament , where a retired banker having exhausted all his savings and PF is forced to live with his sons who are unwilling to take on the burden..It was an exaggerated story because no one can be without even a few hundred rupees that is needed to repair ones spectacles ....and what about pension? all banks have pension schemes !!!

But I agree that one has to make plans before hand so that once you are retired you can sit back and enjoy your hard earned money at leisure concentrating on travel and other things which probably were not possible because of the busy work schedule !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There are people who plan Retirement and live a Happy life. My neighbor who is a Handicraft maker, used his skill after retirement. And today it's a booming business. His main customers are interior designers.

rambabu wrote:

There are people who plan Retirement and live a Happy life. My neighbor who is a Handicraft maker, used his skill after retirement. And today it's a booming business. His main customers are interior designers.

In fact most people retire at 60 and these days 60 is a relatively young and healthy age and sky is the limit to do what they want and probably experiment with their hidden talents.I know of many retired pensioners earning much more than what they did all through their life ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

In fact most people retire at 60 and these days 60 is a relatively young and healthy age and sky is the limit to do what they want and probably experiment with their hidden talents.I know of many retired pensioners earning much more than what they did all through their life ..

That's the thing. Bringing out your hidden and uncared talents and using them for one's advantage is a wise decision . See the other side of the picture. Many hold a Rudraksha mala. These people over a period get bored of life and invite many ailments.

Retirement means retirement and if someone is working full time again after his retirement means he did not plan his retirement well. Or if someone is still working however successfully do not call it retirement. Retirement means a life with full rest, enjoyment with family and friends without any regular work whatsoever.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Retirement means, retirement from your job. Not retirement from life. There is much life after retirement from the job. What to do with this remaining part of your life is a "Well Planned Retirement."

rambabu wrote:

Retirement means, retirement from your job. Not retirement from life. There is much life after retirement from the job. What to do with this remaining part of your life is a "Well Planned Retirement."

In that case it's only change of jobs and not retirement.

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Well that makes sense in a way, so one need not ever retire from work, just keep on doing whatever interests you...That is the only way people can remain active both physically and mentally as long as they can.My uncle is  78 and was a former SP is still active working as a security personnel for a private company...It is more to do with remaining active and do something that makes you happy than earning a living ...

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

It is not only a mere change of Job. It's a change of activity in which you have your heart and soul. During your active pre- retirement days, you might not have paid much interest in those activities of real interests and skills of your liking.

And retirement is the best time to dig out those interests and live a Happy blissful life.

I agree, I can say that for myself too. After taking a volenteiri  retirement I am still working part time in same organisation and online. I cannot say I am fully retired. I am not doing all this for money only but money is very much welcome. Besides I am getting a chance to see the world too while making money with my own choice and places.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.