The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

@vijay, I don't need to elaborate on why dams are built..inspite of that , there is insufficiency of water in many states during summer months, so can water be let away to join the sea? No doubt it may help in maintaining eco balance and induce more rains . Since we already have built dams now the only practical solution to my mind seems to work out a water sharing solution that is satisfactory to all the states concerned..

Violation of agreement is not a hard job. Rajasthan have water sharing agreement with Punjab. Every share of Rajasthan decided by Punjab in presence of Rajasthan government representatives, but Punjab never gave decided share of water to Rajasthan. It is funny that plenty of water is going to Pakistan.

I feel that the only solution would be to link rivers so that areas that receive less rainfall get benefitted..Left to the states they would want to hog benefits without caring for others like it is happening with Tamilnadu and it's leaders..

At present river are in states which have downstream sector of rivers. Origin of Satluj of Vayas river is Himchal pradesh. Because downstream sector of these rivers are Punjab, so they of have control on its water. With linking of river it is also necessary that water must be property of nation not of a particular state.

After bifurcation of the State, AP too had Water disputes. After linking the Rivers most of the Problems were solved.

Just wait for a few more years and the water crisis will turn into an international calamity, more so with China building dams on Brahmaputra river and thus endangering not just India but also other small HImalayan countries.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The Supreme Court on Monday modified its order. According to the order, Karnataka has to release 1200 cusec of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu till 20th September. However  the court refused to keep in abeyance its earlier order.  in the mean time the Cauvery protest took a dangerous turn. Miscreants hurled petrol Bombs on a Hotel in Chennai

http://www.oneindia.com/new-delhi/cauvery-row-sc-directs-release-of-12000-cusecs-till-sept-20-2206943.html

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Just wait for a few more years and the water crisis will turn into an international calamity, more so with China building dams on Brahmaputra river and thus endangering not just India but also other small HImalayan countries.

True Kalyani, we need to put down our prejudices and work out a solution that benefits all because nothing is more important than water for sustenance..a little bit of give and take would help in solving the problem.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

Water crisis ha already become an international issue. Clean and safe drinking water is scarce today. Nearly one Billion people in the developing world don't have access to it. Yet we take for granted. Unless tghere is  an awareness about the importance of Water, we definitely face a huge water crisis. Water is the foundation of life.

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

True Kalyani, we need to put down our prejudices and work out a solution that benefits all because nothing is more important than water for sustenance..a little bit of give and take would help in solving the problem.

Exactly! There has to be an independent body or committee which should be drawn from all across the country containing of impartial and fair minded experts who will study the entire country's water management systems, water availability or scarcity and offer solutions to equitable distribution of water. The committe's say should be the final and last word and no political body or bureacracy may be allowed to interfere in the committee's functions. One such organisation exists in the four African countries of Senegal, Mali, Mauritania and Guinea. This organisation controls the dams built in all four countries and no one country is allowed to bully the others. The dams built in each individual country is owned by all four countries and they see to it that all countries get equal and fair flow of water. Such an organisation is sorely needed in India where there is no regionalism involved in sharing water.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Now the situation in Karnataka has further worsened. Karnataka cars and vehicles are set ablazei n Tamil Nadu. In Karnataka 144 section  is imposed in . A youth from Tamil Nadu beaten up in Bengaluru after he allegedly made some remarks against Karnataka actors

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Exactly! There has to be an independent body or committee which should be drawn from all across the country containing of impartial and fair minded experts who will study the entire country's water management systems, water availability or scarcity and offer solutions to equitable distribution of water. The committe's say should be the final and last word and no political body or bureacracy may be allowed to interfere in the committee's functions. One such organisation exists in the four African countries of Senegal, Mali, Mauritania and Guinea. This organisation controls the dams built in all four countries and no one country is allowed to bully the others. The dams built in each individual country is owned by all four countries and they see to it that all countries get equal and fair flow of water. Such an organisation is sorely needed in India where there is no regionalism involved in sharing water.

Kalyani, I had a sketchy knowledge of this water sharing between the four African nations, truly inspiring. After reading your post I searched the net for more information, am giving the link here.

Our Karnataka ministers have been globe trotting visiting places like Australia and South America. If they had even 5% of concern for people and their needs they would visit and study such projects..

http://blogs.worldbank.org/nasikiliza/setting-example-cooperative-management-transboundary-water-resources-west-africa

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I do not understand reason of so much violence in  between Indian states over the water. See countries like America and Mexico can do it but it is so difficuly in India

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/4/27/us-mexico-water-pact-brings-life-back-to-colorado-rivers-parched-delta.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-20422899

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.