The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I do not understand reason of so much violence in  between Indian states over the water. See countries like America and Mexico can do it but it is so difficuly in India

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/4/27/us-mexico-water-pact-brings-life-back-to-colorado-rivers-parched-delta.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-20422899

That's precisely why we are called an under developed or developing nation, our minds are yet to develop. .

Usha thanks for the link about Senegal River Basin, I had bookmarked another one containing information about the project but could not find it.But the link you provided is equally good! It is really commendable that the African countries, despite the constant internal communal conflicts, a huge disparity in economical conditions, poverty, unemployment and so many other problems have managed to arrived at a common consensus where water is concerned. I am sure they have foreseen the importance of preserving precious water and have enough maturity to share it with others. This attitude alone will help them progress in the next few decades and unless, Indians do not wake up to this issue and show a more matured approach without considering regional boundaries, we will be left far behind than the African countries.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Supreme court will hear Karnataka's plea. Karnataka has filed a petition explaining its shortage of drinking water , while Tamil Nadu is seeking water for its crops.

The petition will come up before the Division Bench. It's the same bench that ordered Karnataka to release water to Tamil Nadu.  The Bench was  supposed to  have delivered its decision on Monday.  Details are yet to be known.

In the mean time Rajnath Singh called up CMs of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu yesterday evening and assured them all Central assistance in handling the Law and Order situation in both the States.

My daughter  who lives in Bengaluru,called us and said that the situation is limping to normalcy. Hope the issue will be settled soon.

The whole of Bangalore and surrounding towns are under curfew while the CM once announced to the local channels that if it comes to protecting the interest of the farmers he would even resign but within minutes denied it, typical of him since nothing would take him away from his CM's chair ...

@rambabu , We can get all the news that you parrot straight and more detailed from the media, please add personal views on the subject if any..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

There s no necessity for me for Parroting. I get the news regularly from my daughter , Bangalor.e.

What you have written in your post is what the news media is reporting, ...and what your daughter days about normalcy is far from truth since Bangalore is completely shut down except hospitals and a couple of private companies under police protection, that is not normal..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

If what my daughter said is far from truth, then What I can do ? I don't think she is lying.Today My sisters- in- Law left for Chennai. Trains are running normally. Of course,my grand daughters schools are closed. My son - in - Law's IT company located at MG Road is functioning.. Which is why , I said  Bangalore is limping to normalcy. I'm in regular touch with her. The last call was at an hour ago. Additionally I'm  a regular watcher of News Channels including Telugu channels.. While speaking with her , I verify with her whether there are any cases of arson in her localities.

As always you stick like a glue to what you write , right or wrong, so hardly any  point ...

That's because what I'm saying is  100% news conveyed to me  by my daughter.  I don't see any point in not believing her. For the Last 3 days, another Sister - in- law's husband an officer in Central exercise dept, Chennai too confirmed, there no worth mentioning, incidents since two days.

There have been reactions coming from various people , some fair. Some prejudiced and some balanced.A popular RJ Balaji from Chennai has asked for peace and dialogue. However one wonders what he had to say about the unfair water share which is the root cause of the problem and will he ask his state to be more humane ?

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/More-than-Kannadigas-and-Tamils-lets-be-human-beings-first-Chennai-RJ-on-Cauvery-row/articleshow/54307308.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOI

I agree with R. J. Balaji. Especially, his saying, before anything else , We are Humans first., H blamed those who use Social media to publish incendiary content on the net just for their Publicity.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.