Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
MG Singh wrote:

As I wrote earlier, one needs to be pragmatic and a realist. Just writing some comment for the sake of writing is not the correct way forward. Crimes against women especially rape is bad, but we are way below the average of the states like USA and Sweden, which despite freer sex have the largest number of rapes As per figures rapes per 100,000 is 27.3 for the USA and only 0.4 for India.

Thanks for sharing the stats. I was not aware of this. I presumed this is the case with India alone. This huge number for USA comes as a shocker. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

MG Singh wrote:

As I wrote earlier, one needs to be pragmatic and a realist. Just writing some comment for the sake of writing is not the correct way forward. Crimes against women especially rape is bad, but we are way below the average of the states like USA and Sweden, which despite freer sex have the largest number of rapes As per figures rapes per 100,000 is 27.3 for the USA and only 0.4 for India.

I don't know what the statistics say. But women in India feel unsafe and insecure to step out. That is not the case with women in other countries mentioned. At least the law takes action against the culprits and do not blame victims. If the woman is molestated while traveling in a public transport alone, law comes in support. It is not like India, where women are suggested not to travel alone without a male ( husband, father, brother etc) as she might invite such incidents. They are not blamed on the timing of being out and the dressing. 

Moreover, the statistics is high in developed countries because more cases are reported. In India many happen within boundaries of home and go unreported. The statistics shows only the handful that are reported. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

I don't know what the statistics say. But women in India feel unsafe and insecure to step out. That is not the case with women in other countries mentioned. At least the law takes action against the culprits and do not blame victims. If the woman is molestated while traveling in a public transport alone, law comes in support. It is not like India, where women are suggested not to travel alone without a male ( husband, father, brother etc) as she might invite such incidents. They are not blamed on the timing of being out and the dressing. 

Moreover, the statistics is high in developed countries because more cases are reported. In India many happen within boundaries of home and go unreported. The statistics shows only the handful that are reported. 

Agree with you there.... One thing you mentioned is law takes action... Here in india we keep asking for stricter punishments etc so that the culprits fear the repercussions before committing such heinous crimes.. but from your post looks like even that is not an option. So how else do we ensure better safety and security to the ladies.,

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh

To ensure safety for women, first and foremost thing to be done is reporting the incident and registering FIRs in all cases of rape, sexual harassment and other crimes against women. Above all women should not feel shy to explain the Law enforcing authorities all details about the incident,,so that the Authorities will take an appropriate action.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Very often, mostly in remote places. Though there are witnesses, out of fear they do not report or bring it the notice of the concerned authorities report

You said it happened to your friends daughter living in Vizag early in the morning while she was jogging, is this the truth or your imagination as usual? Now trying to divert the topic as usual..

No, I responded to your question. The incident took place and i reported as it is. There is no question of imagination,

So why not give a link to the news. Nowadays all national as well local newspapers have an online edition!

Because there is no link ...The problem is his usual over enthusiastic response , most of which tend to be straight out of his pocket ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:

To ensure safety for women, first and foremost thing to be done is reporting the incident and registering FIRs in all cases of rape, sexual harassment and other crimes against women. Above all women should not feel shy to explain the Law enforcing authorities all details about the incident,,so that the Authorities will take an appropriate action.

I don't think its shyness that prevent the victims from talking in detail about the incidents. In most cases its the trauma that they undergo. The victims normally would like to forget the whole experience and so refuses to talk about it.

jabeen wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I don't think its shyness that prevent the victims from talking in detail about the incidents. In most cases its the trauma that they undergo. The victims normally would like to forget the whole experience and so refuses to talk about it.

What I wanted to say is, If you help the law enforcing authorities, they in turn will help in tracing the culprit

How cruel the world is becoming right now, they don't even think that whatever is happening wrong, that can even happen to them and to their sister also one day.

sdfafa

Divya wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

Agree with you there.... One thing you mentioned is law takes action... Here in india we keep asking for stricter punishments etc so that the culprits fear the repercussions before committing such heinous crimes.. but from your post looks like even that is not an option. So how else do we ensure better safety and security to the ladies.,

we have been asking for stricter punishment but that has not been in place. There should be fast trial and judgement. For a case where there is enough evidence, judgement should be very quick and very strict punishment. I know law can be misused but that is true with any law. 

Only when we come across fast judgement, women  will feel favored and more crimes will be reported. Strict action should be taken for patriarchal statements by people in power. There should be punishment for eve teasing, stalking etc too. First law has to instill fear in the mind of wrongdoers. Correct upbringing of children, gender equality etc will slowly bring the much needed societal change. But let there be some fast judgement and brutal punishment, the crime rate will come down once they fear. Here we have faces on CCTV, but law can not do anything....this encourages them to go ahead.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

We have this amazing mating culture where we think that it is appropriate and in fact expected to play down harassment as "harmless fun", "complimentary", and even go so far as to suggest that without the right to harass women, men's entire ability to find a sexual or romantic partner is compromised. Apparently the entire 'boys will be boys' mindset-sharing community are illiterate morons who can't read body language and couldn't be expected to. No matter what manner of dress a woman might wear, it does not mean she should be silently receptive to unwanted personal comments or obviously sexually motivated invitations.

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.